Aspirations Week 2016 (Y4RW)

The week beginning Monday 7th of March was Aspirations Week! Just like last year, we had another great week with lots of visitors who have been sharing information about their professions. We have had visitors from Universities, the Police Force (with their dogs), the Ambulance Service, Doctors, a Veterinary Surgeon and many more.

Y4RW have decided to share their experiences of the week – please enjoy reading them below. We also added some photos and experimented with cool effects (see video).

Monday 7th March

In aspiration week we saw Craig he go to the gymnast we watch videos we watch him do gymnast and we saw pitches of him and his team. My favourite bit is when he did the back flips.

By pol port

In aspiration week on Monday 7th March we met Craig. The heapster came in and showed us a video of him doing gymnast and he was talking about his life.

On Tuesday 8th March the police came in and they were called PC Collins and PC Ryan and they told us what they do.

My favourite bit of aspiration week was the heapster because he did awesome stuff.

By EthanMa

Aspirations week was great. A gymnastic came to the school. He was callled Craig.

Then the police came to school. He should us his cuffs.

My favourite bit was when Craig came because it was interesting .

BY cookie kid

In aspirations week a gymnast came in on Monday 7th march. He was very good at gymnastics but he failed more than he won. He said it is all write if you failed because you learn by your mistakes.

On Tuesday 8th March police came in. Their names were pc Collins and pc Ryan. They talked about their job and how long you hate to train for so that you can get in and be a police.

On Wednesday some people came in and did a maths play. To inspire us if we wanted to be a person to preform plays.

My favourite bit was when the gymnast came in because I like gymnastics and I like how he didn’t give up. He just kept trying.

By Lamb

In aspiration week a gymnast came in on Monday 7th he was very good at gymnastics but he failed more than won. He said it is all write if you failed because you learn by your mistakes. On Tuesday 8th march police came in. Their names were pc Collins and pc Ryan. They told us about their job and how long you hate to train for so that you can get in and be a police.

On Wednesday some people came in and done a maths play. To inspire us if we wanted to be a person to preform plays.

My favourite bit was when the gymnastic came in because I like gymnastic. And I like how he didn’t give up. He just kept trying.

By oakes.

In aspiration week Craig Heap came in and told us how he became a gymnast. He told us how his life was.

Then the police came in they showed us there weapons as swell also they told us when we are lost what to do.

Then on Wednesday we had a math play and we had to do math questions For example 44+108=150.

My favourite was Craig heap because I liked the videos.

By Andy

On Monday 7th March Craig Heap- the Heapster- a Gymnast- came in to inspire us about being a gymnast! He even told us how he got inspired to be one. Craig was even in the Olympics too. Amazingly, he used to live on a farm but it was extraordinary how he turned into a famous man!

On Tuesday 8th March the Police came in they were called PC Collins and PC Ryan came in they told us what they use like Dogs, Helicopters and a couple more. They showed us what they wear to protect themselves. Also Hand-Cuffed Mrs Nicol and Leg-Cuffed her too. They were amazing!

On Wednesday 9th March Peter and Liz came in to show us a play involving Maths and Pirates it was called the Four Functions. It was fun and the sums weren’t hard at all they were easy.

My favourite bit was when the Gymnast Craig Heap came in because I’ve never seen an Olympian before it was awesome!

By Mai Mai 

On Monday 7th we had an athlete come and he was called the  Heapster [Crag Heap] he got inspired by his sister to do gymnastics when he first went to see his sister do it.

On Tuesday 8th march the police came to school and we learnt the four jobs [helicopter, dogs, traffic, ground].

On Wednesday 9th march a maths play was on it was about pirates and maths.

My favret was part Tuesday 8th when the police came.

By vadaryoda07

In aspirations week we met someone that used to compete in the Olympics for gymnastics and his name was Craig Heap on Monday 7th of March 2016 and his nickname was the Heapster.

On Tuesday 8th of March 2016 the Police came in and there name was PC Collins and PC Ryan and told us what they do and the community policing.

On Wednesday 9th of March 2016 we had two people come in and they done a maths play with lots of sums and it was based on the pirates and the two people dressed up as loads of people.

My favourite bit of aspirations week is the police because when I’m 18 I want to be in the police.

By Skull Crusher

In aspirations week on the Monday 7th March 2016 Craig the heapster came in to the school. He tolte us about his crier as a gymnast but before that when he was a boy he lived in a farm. I liked Craig the best because at the start and end because they did back flips.

By zombie boy

In aspirations week we had a gonast in on Monday 7th and he was shoin what he woned to be and shod us houw be a gonastic to show us how to be won to.

My favit was when the pleas cam In because he told us how to be a pleas man on a hiway.

By Daniel

In aspiration week. Monday craige  Heap gymnast The heapsters birthday is 10th July age=42. Tuesday The police came and told us what they did.

My favourite part was Heapstar  because he inspired me the most

By Dylan

In aspirations week, on Monday, Craig Heap the gymnast came to see usworth colliery primary school. He talked about his life being a gymnast and going to the Olympics. Craig, who calls himself the Heapster, done lots of things as a gymnast. He told us that he lives in a farm. When he was little he thought that if you are normal not much things happen to you. After the assembly finished Craig Heap worked with the year five.

On Tuesday 8th March PC Collins and PC Ryan came in to talk about their life. If someone is lost they will get the helicopter and search for them. They also told us how to keep safe.

My favourite bit was Craig heap because he really inspired me to be a gymnast. I go to dancing but I think that gymnastics would be better.

By Bella

In aspirations week it was so amazing. On Monday a really exiting man came in called Craig Heap and he told us all about his career as a gymnast. His nick name is the heapster. Craig is 42 and his birthday is the 10th of July. He is a man that has spent most of his life in gymnast. He told us about going to the Olympics and why he first wanted to do gymnastics.

We also had 2 police men called PC Collins and PC Ryan in on Tuesday 8th march. They told us about community police and what they do.

Finally on Wednesday 9th March a really good actresses came in to act out a maths play called captain half rig.

My favourite bit of aspirations week was the Craig Heap because he told us all about gymnastics and really inspired me to be a gymnast.

BY emzey

On Monday craig heap came in and showed us his olimpic vids and his skills. Then on Tuesday pc Collin & pc Ryan and talked about being safe and tell your parents where you go before you go somewhere. On wednsday we had a maths play and talked about maths.

By Grace

In aspirations Monday 7th week I saw the man called crag and he was a gymnast and he was very flexible.

Tuesday 8th police pc Collins and pc Ryan and did tell us you hat to be 16 to join the police.

By Jacob

On the Monday 7th march in aspirations week I met Craig Heap also known as the heapster by his friends. Craig was a gymnast and we watched a few videos of him doing gymnastics. He was very flexible.

On Tuesday 8th march the police came in and told us what they do. PC Collins and PC Ryan told us about what the dogs do and what type of dogs they are.

My favourite bit of aspirations week was when Craig Heap came in and showed us some videos of him and I thought it was epic.

By smithy 

In aspirations week we had a visitor called Craig Heaps on Monday 7th March. We called him The Heapster. Craig is a gymnast who won a gold medal in the Olympics. When he was little he lived at the farm and wanted to be a farmer when he was older, which was very interesting because he is now on television and is an amazing gymnast now. I liked the Heapster.

On Tuesday 8th March we had two visitors. PC Collins and PC Ryan came in to our school. They told us about how old you need to be to be a policeman, what happens in jail and what you eat in jail. Unfortunately, on Friday we missed the police dogs for swimming.

On Wednesday 9th March we had two visitors making a math play. The play was about maths and pirates. The pirates were trying to steal treasure but the good people used maths to stop them to.

My favourite part of aspirations week was when Craig Heap came to our school because he told us he wanted to be a farmer but instead he came very famous.

By Popcorn poppa

In aspirations week, on Monday , craig heap came in to usworth colliery primary school to talk about his life buying a gymnast and going to the Olympic and talk about his skills.He told us that he lived in a farm.

Then on Tuesday the police came in to talk to us about there life and they where called pc Collins and pc Ryan. They and then they talk to us to keep us about safety.

then on wedensday there was a maths play.

My favrout bit was craig heap because I like  gymnst.

By rhys

In this week we had a visitor called craig heaps . craig is a gynast. He does gymnastics. He was so good he called himself the heapster. This was Monday 7th march 2016. On Tuesday 8th march 2016 we had police officers that had police dogs. On Wednesday 9th march we had the maths play and pirates   and they did maths. My favorite part was the maths play because it was good.

By Alfie

In aspirations week we met Craig heap and he was a gymnastic he had played in a different country and he is going to the Olympics this year in Rio to play gymnastics.

On Tuesday 8th March the Police came in and their names were pc Collins and pc Ryan and he told us what they have to do to become a police you have to be 18 to join and pass all of your exams to be a qualified policeman.

On Wednesday 9th march we had two people who  did a maths play for us and They were on a ship and whenever someone said pirates one of them hid also we had to do really hard calculations and we got them all right was when the police because we learned a lot such as what they did.

By little man.