Year 4 Outdoor Learning Week Autumn 2015

Despite the terrible weather, we managed to chalk off another successful outdoor learning week in the Autumn term. Year 4 really enjoyed the week. Below are some of their favourite bits:

On outdoor learning week I enjoyed pretending to be a roman solider at Hadrian’s Wall, even though the weather was a bit rainy but I really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed finding the perimeter in maths because I liked the part when we all worked together as a team and measured the snakes and ladders square on the floor. But investigating the puddles was the best. It was a really sunny day and that’s why the puddle got evaporated really quickly. We were learning about evaporation so we made a puddle and left it for a few minutes, then we checked on it and it had evaporated. I really liked outdoor leaning week and I hope you did to!

By Popcornpoppa

Investing puddles

I liked investing the puddles best because we got to measure the length of the puddles. We also sore which one dried up the quickest and why it dried the quickest. It was the best Lessing ever.

Creating Poems

I also liked making poems because it was nice to write about some things that are beautiful and I can express my feelings in atom. Pulse I could in prove my sentences.

By Emzey

The thing I liked the most about outdoor learning week was pretending to be a Roman Solider because it was fun doing it . Despite the weather it was fun I thought it was cool. I was a Rampart but Landen and Ethan was with me too. Now we know what it is like to be a Roman Solider it was a tricky job guarding it I would or would not like to be a Roman as well you could not be a lady but I don’t mind.

As well I liked doing Maths outside. Because we found out the perimeter of the Snakes and Ladders it was quite tricky to do at first however we got the hang of it I liked it, it was cool.

By Mai Mai

I liked it when we were pretending to be on Hadrian’s Wall and when we were making puddles. In Literacy we went outside and collected Autumn leaves.

By Gracie

I liked going outside and pretending to be a Roman soldier because I like learning about the Romans and being a guard on a watchtower and making the side of Hadrian’s Wall.

Also I liked collecting the autumn objects and making poems because I like writing poems and I got a red leaf that made me itchy.

And I liked checking the perimeter of a triangle of sticks and the whole 100 square and it was hard and my partner was Jamie.

By SKULL CRUSHER

I like investigating who left the rubbish because we got to take rubbish out of the rubbish bag. We hat to instigated how left the rubberish.

My favourite part of outdoor learning week was going out and making puddles and we meshed it. After play time we went and luck to see if it had dried up ours had but half was in the shade.

By lamb

I liked when we made the puddle because we left outside.

I also liked when we found out who put the rubbish there because one loved Sunderland and had a dog.

My favourite thing was pretending to be a roman soldier because I love the rain.

By jay.

My favourite outdoor learning was when we were creating poems because we get to see what happens in autumn when the leaves are red gold and yellow. They are lots of sticks most of the time they are wet and most of the time they are puddles. After it rains the green grass is wet. It rains a lot of the time. And after we were done collecting leaves and sticks then we had to make a pome which was about the autumn.

By JN

I enjoyed pretending to be a roman solder because it was like we were at Hadrian wall of the weather .I was a rampart .I had to huddle up like a ruby player. I also liked finding the perimeter of sticks.

By Andy

I liked it when we explored the people who left the rubbish. It was like mystery and it was fun. Also because you could explore with a partner. Also painting the leaves.

By safc hitman

I liked going outside and pretending to be a Roman soldier. Because I was a watch tower and Darcy was working around me because I was a watch tower. And we were also making Hadrian’s Wall because we are leaning about the Romans. Also I liked investigating puddles on the playground. My groups puddle was the biggest and one part was in the shad and one was in the sun.

By Oakes

I liked going outside and pretending to be a Roman soldier. I was a watch tower and my teacher and Alfie were being a Roman soldier walking around me. We were also making Hadrian’s Wall because we are leaning about the Romans.

Also I liked investigating puddles on the playground. My groups puddle was the biggest and one part was in the shade and one part was in the sun.

By The Romans

I enjoyed investigating autumn poems because I like to do rhyming words and collecting sticks and leaves.

I enjoyed creating puddles because it was interesting how it dries up after a while.

And I enjoyed pretending to be a roman solider because it was interesting how they use to act on Hadrian’s Wall.

I would like to do maths and measure trees and sticks because I would like to see what the size of the things outside are.

By puppy doggy

In outdoor learning week we measured the perimeter of sticks. After that, we added all the sides up to see what the total was. We had to do it in partners so we could work together, all of us showed good teamwork.

We also were investigating puddles in science. We were either working in groups of twos or threes. Firstly we had to get all of our equipment. We had 200ml jug of water, something to draw on the ground with and some paper and pencil to write how long it was. After that, we gave it a rest to see if it dried up. However someone put it under the shade so it didn’t dry as quickly. My group’s was really long. I enjoyed both of these lessons the most.

By Nature Lover

I like when we did perimeter in Maths. We tried to find the perimeter of four sticks. Then we needed to add up the sides. I like it because we hadn’t learnt it before so it was interesting. We went round the snakes and ladders square and tried to find the perimeter of it. We needed to work in partners to work it out. Next we needed to add up the sides.

I like when we pretended to be a roman soldiers. I liked it because I got to be one of the soldiers. Some of the children stood in the middle of us. They pretended to be a roman wall. We were all pretending to be a roman soldier or a roman wall. Mile castles held up to 30 to 40 roman soldiers.

By sweet popper

I liked finding out the perimeter in maths because we made a rectangle out of sticks and meshed the sides of the rectangle. Some of our sides where not equal but the sides had close measurements. Next we added up the sides. After that we meshed the snakes and ladders board it was very big.

We pretended to be roman solders and made Hadrian’s wall and I was a roman fort l.it was raining when we went out I did not like it. I got very wet .Some people where mile castles. Mile castles held 30 to 40 roman solders.

By sweet crusher

My favourite part was when I went to football on the field with Newcastle United football club to play and learn football so I can get much better than I am.

The poems were a lot of fun because they were rhyming poems they are called rhyming couplets.

I thought that pretending to be a Roman soldier was really fun because in ICT we got to dress up as Roman soldiers on the computer.

By tree climber

I want to do maths in our next our outdoor learning week. Tag rugby was really fun especially when we were doing it with Mr Foster. P.E was a long lesson, in tag rugby I was on the blue team. Measuring was really fun in maths. Next time I would really like to measure 5 sticks in a row.

By Death Scorch

My favourite part was when I went to football outside on the field with Newcastle united to play and learn football I be good and learn a lot.

I also liked when I investigated my puddle. It was 160 cm long and it was like an island.

By skull pumper

I want to do maths to see how cold or how hot it is. It would be really fun. I really liked to play tag rugby in P.E because it was really fun. My favourite part of outdoor learning was pretending to be a roman solder. I was really fun in P.E. because I was really good at it .I also loved maths.

By Jas

Investigating who littered our Playground

I liked investigating who put the rubbish on the playground because it was fun.

By zomling

I liked the rubbish investigation because it had dogs, food packets and wipes what girls use to clean their faces. There was some pizza and other food.

By pattson

I liked outdoor learning because we were trying to find who left it on the floor in the playground and we found lots of things in the bags. We know that they had a dog and that they support Sunderland. It was a girl and a boy.

By Jae logenstion

I like the rubbish because it had dogs food packets and wipes what girls use to clean there face. There was some pizza and other food.

By steller

I in enjoyed playing tag rugby in pe because we won. I enjoyed doing the rubbish thing with my reading group. This is because we investigated and now think Mr Trotter did it. I think I was good at it as most people thought it was two people because there was football rubbish and make up wipes but I thought it was one person as girls can like football to.

By seara.

I like the Investigating the Rubbish bag we get to take rubbish out of it and see how did it and we didn’t not how it was we sad it was a boy or a gel it has makeup remove’s it might be a mam or gel it has a dog it had a dog bag wife no dog can food.

By pol blort

I enjoyed outdoor learning week because l liked investigating the people who left the rubbish in our wiled grading also we had to get all the rubbish out the bag and our arms wear acing it was icy cold as well so we went to get our cotes then came back out to discover the rest of the rubbish in the bag and I enjoyed it was so good then wear trying to figure out who dumped the rubbish and we said it could have been the bin man.

By little man

Playing Rugby

In outdoor learning we played tag rugby. When we played it was good even though we lost the game. We won the second game.

By scull crusher

I played tag rugby in PE. We played outside. I went to a rugby tournament and it was fun. My favourite game was end ball. There was 6 other year 3 children. Tag rugby was so much fun. Me and Ethan were partners for everything. I was tired.

By PS4 master

The best is tag ruubeey in PE. If you get tug by someone you had to stand still until the whistle goes. I got tug but it was fun trying to run away from people. It hurt when I fell over but a part from that it was really fun.

Cronin

In the rugby tournament we went to Written rugby club and played a lot of games like tag rugby and we had a lot of fun. We were there for 5 hours and each game went on for 5 minutes. At the end the bus was late by about 30 minutes. When we got back on the bus it tuck us 40 minutes then we got back at last.

By Zane

I would like to do PE in PE I would like to do tag ruby. I like tag ruby because it is fun. Tag ruby is really good. I love tag ruby it is a good game. On Fridays it is tag ruby because that is our PE day.

By cloy

My favourite was rugby in P.E. My team nearly won the games. It was very fun because it is good exercise and very fast.

By Death body

I went to a rugby tournament and it was really fun. It was games and there was 6 other year 3 children. I played tag rugby in PE it was really really fun. I would of liked to go outside in every lesson.

By bomb shell

The best lesson of outdoor learning week was PE because we did rugby and rugby is my favourite sport all so it is great exercise.

By jack duck

In the rugby tournament we went to Written rugby club and played lots of rugby games and nine tag rugby matches.

By Body Crusher

In PE we played rugby and tag rugby and I tug about 5 people. I have played tag about 5 times. I lke rugby because I like being on.

By cool girl

We played tag ruby and I enjoyed it because I dodged everyone and I got a try.

By skull crusher

My favourite bit of outdoor learning week was PE because we got to play tag rugby I am really good at it. We played about too games of it . I would like to play football this week because I am a really good goalkeeper and midfielder plus we would win.

BY LEO

Investigating Puddles

I liked investigating puddles because we had a cup full of water and we spilt it on purpose. We drew around it when it stopped running and ours was 2 meters long!!!!! Then we went back in to do the poems.

At playtime we had a quick look at the puddles before we went on our yard. It was so hot and sunny! When we had a look at them, they had disappeared! Then we went on our yard.

byXXX MinecrafterXXX

My favourite bit was investigating puddles because our teacher pored some water out of a jug and we needed to measure it. The tape that we were measuring with got wet because it was only paper. After that we went back inside to wait for it to dry. A fact about it is when the water dry’s it turns into gas and floats in the air. Finally we went back outside and the water turned into gas. The other group got a puddle and got to draw around it with chalk.

By Bella

Pretending to be Romans

I like when we built a Roman fort out of people, I was the left wall. My friend Emily was a Gard.

By Ash

I like to go outside. I was a guard and I was walking around with Jamey.

By zombie boy

I think the best thing of outdoor learning was the Roman fort because miss M pretended to be are leader and she was strict.

By Aimee Angel

I liked the bit in outdoor learning week when we built a roman watch tower and Callum d was worming around me.

By pad man

I think the investigating puddles was good because you can find out a lot of stuff however it was very interesting. Pretending to be a roman solider was also good. I liked it because we went outside and I was a guard.

By hally

In outdoor learning week my favourite part was pretending to be a Roman and I was cold. My friend Callum was a roman watcher.

By Dylandinmo

I like to pretending to be a roman solder I got to be a tortured . Jack was a watcher and my legs was tied. I would not want to be a watcher as I was bored.

by mickey

My favourite part was when we were being Hadrian ’s Wall. When we went outside we got to see what it was like wen it rained. I loved it. I was one of the little turrets.

Tow people had to walk around me. The bit I did not like was when I had to crouch. The people how were not

Turrets could stand up I was annoyed. We had to be far away from each other.

By vadaryoda07

I liked when we went out and did stuff about the romans it when people were getting picked.

By M

Writing Poems

My favourite thing about outdoor learning week was when, we done the poem because at first I was not good but in the end the teacher said I was very good.

By smithy

I liked creating a poem because we got to go out to collect sticks and leaves and I love writing. The playground was full of leaves because it is nearly winter time and I collected a slow amount of sticks and leaves and it was good.

By football boy

What would you like to do next outdoor learning week?

I would like to train with the Newcastle eagles for PE. I wold like to build a roman fort out of the sticks and leaves for topic. I wold like to make sums out of sticks for maths. I wold like to go outside and make an adventure story about what we have done for reading. I wold like to go to infinite air for PE.

By the skull killerju